D. Allan, Tobacco and Cigar Merchant, 7, Union Street. —
The retail tobacco and cigar trade of Glasgow is appropriately represented by the well-known divan conducted by Mr. D. Allan, which was established in 1858. The premises have an excellent front shop.
The stock is comprehensive, embracing pipes of the best quality in briar and meerschaum, cigarette and cigar holders, tobacco pouches, vesta boxes, and other smokers’ requisites. There is also a large assortment of the finest brands and blends in tobacco and cigars, the former both loose and in packets. The great speciality, however, in which the house has made its high reputation, is the placing before the public of a remarkably fine-flavoured mixture, known as “The Blackley Mixture”, for which orders come from all parts of the United Kingdom. The general trade of the depot is of a local character, and is particularly well established among the better class of patrons resident in the neighbourhood.
Mr. Allan is a gentleman practically conversant with all the technicalities of the trade, and imports only the very best qualities of goods that can be obtained, a fact that insures to patrons a certainty that they will obtain at this celebrated divan tobaccos and cigars of the highest excellence in all points.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)