Duncan G. Anderson
Duncan G. Anderson, Clothier, &c., 4, Queen Street.—
This business was established in 1884 by the present proprietor, who occupies premises comprising two flats, one being used as a warehouse, while the other is devoted to the purposes of a workshop. The premises are very heavily stocked with a great variety of first-class goods.
The chief feature of the business is connected with the bespoke clothing trade, and in this branch the proprietor has achieved exceptional success, having become widely noted for the very high class quality of the goods he supplies. The various specialities are well and attractively arranged, and give the premises a very attractive appearance. A very important feature of the business is that connected with the supply of such goods as white and woollen shirts, hosiery, waterproofs, &c. Among the different items in the stock may be noticed a large supply of shirts of all descriptions, guaranteed to be correct in fit and manufactured of the best material.
A large and increasing trade has been developed among a very influential connection. As a general rule, this trade is confined to the immediate locality, though some considerable business is done in the surrounding districts. The premises were formerly known as the Albion Hotel. Mr. Anderson conducts the business with great ability, and the success of the establishment is well deserved in every respect.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)