William Anderson, Veterinary Surgeon, F.R.C.V.S., 146, West Nile Street.—
This old-established and noted concern was founded by the father of the present proprietor half a century ago, and consequently it is well known in and around Glasgow. The business was originally carried on at 43, Cathedral Street, was afterwards removed to Hill Street, and finally it was transferred to the present address, about two years since.
Mr. William Anderson is a duly qualified veterinary surgeon, being a F.R.C.V.S. ; he is also the veterinary inspector for the county of Lanark, an honourable but highly responsible office, and he possesses a most extensive, influential, and valuable connection all over Glasgow and the district. He is a leading authority in all matters affecting the health of cattle, horses, &c., and the spread of infectious diseases to which they are liable. His principal establishment is at 146, West Nile Street, where he has a shoeing forge as well as a veterinary hospital. He has also recently erected extensive kennels for the treatment of dogs, as also a dog home, at his country residence, Glandhall, parish of Cadder ; and he has a branch concern at 145, Castle Street, Townhead. He employs about a dozen hands. Mr. Anderson has acquired a high reputation in his profession, and is regarded as an upright and honourable citizen.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)