Cooper, Hunter & Rodger
Cooper, Hunter & Rodger, Mantle, Millinery, and Drapery Warehouse, Herald Building.—
Glasgow is not behind any city in the kingdom in the enterprise displayed by those merchants who represent her drapery goods interest, as may be easily discovered by a visit to the establishment of Messrs. Cooper, Hunter & Rodger. This house was established by its present proprietors in 1880, and has always enjoyed a liberal and substantial family trade.
The premises are eligibly situate in the Glasgow Herald building, one of the finest structures in the city, and consist of a large and handsome shop and showrooms on ground floor and upper story, with commodious workrooms in rear. The stock embraces mantles, millinery, silks, laces, hosiery, and small wares. A separate department is relegated to dressmaking.
The individual members of the firm are Messrs. A. S. Cooper, Wm. Hunter, and Wm. Rodger, thoroughly practical men in all that pertains to their department of commercial activity, and fully deserving of the large measure of success which has attended their well-directed efforts.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)