James Drysdale, Grocer, Wine and Spirit Merchant, 2, St. James Street, Kingston.ó
This business is an old landmark in the Kingston district. It was established in 1847 by its present proprietorís father, Mr. Alexander Drysdale. The shop measures thirty feet by eighteen feet, is well stocked, comfortable, and compact in the interior, and is of superior attraction outside. Being a corner shop, with two windows to each street, it is prominent without artificial display.
Mr. Drysdale does a choice trade in groceries, wines, and spirits, and the latter are reputed for their old and excellent qualities. It is by exercising much ability and tact, of which young Mr. Drysdale is possessed in a high degree, that the present success has been achieved.