A. Fletcher & Co.
A. Fletcher & Co., Manufacturers of Ladies’ Underclothing, caps, baby Linens, &c., 54, Union Street.—
Established in 1857 in Miller Street, under the present title, this firm were compelled by increasing trade to remove to more commodious premises in Exchange Place. From there they were again forced, owing to the same cause, to remove to their present extensive head-quarters, which they have occupied for twelve years. Mr. Fletcher, who is now the sole proprietor of the business, has here a fine suite of offices, warehouse, and large workroom. The goods for which this firm has won a great renown are principally ladies' under-clothing, caps, baby linens, &c., in cotton and flannel.
Mr. Fletcher’s trade, in which he employs eighty operatives, is entirely with retail houses, and extends all over the city, and to both England and Ireland, where a large trade is done. Among the secrets of this firm’s fame are the great importance they attach to the production of perfect workmanship and the placing their goods as near the consumer as possible in dealing with retailers only.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)