Robert Gardner & Co.
Robert Gardner & Co., Lithographers, 52, North Frederick Street.—
Among the principal houses in the ornamental printing trade a very prominent position is occupied by that in the proprietorship of Robert Gardner & Co., who are widely known as lithographers. The business was originally established in 1854 at 20, Union Street. The firm removed a year after the business was first started to 45, Gordon Street, where they remained from 1855 to 1861. Thence the business was taken to 2, West Regent Street, and subsequently, in 1874, was removed to the present address, where the firm occupy a spacious building comprising four large flats.
The works are admirably fitted with the most superior machinery and plant. The firm are widely known for the success they have achieved in all branches of ornamental printing, and as lithographers and draughtsmen. Their trade is not alone confined to the home district, although a very large connection is maintained among the most influential houses. Their productions are to be found in all parts of the globe. A great proportion of the success is due to the able and energetic management of the proprietors, which has resulted in placing the firm among the leading lithographic houses in the city.
They are presently showing in the International Exhibition, Glasgow, a very fine display of general litho and colour work, which has attracted considerable attention from those interested. Their exhibit is No. 1,088 in Court XI.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)