William Garman, Hairdresser, Perfumer, &c., 66, St. Vincent Street.—
The firm of William Garman has been established in Glasgow as a hairdresser and perfumer for thirty-two years. The business has been located at its present address twelve years, but was previously located in Buchanan Street. The emporium is one of the finest in Glasgow in this line, one of the best patronized. The premises comprise large sale-shop, very handsomely appointed splendid saloon beyond, admirably fitted and finished, capable of accommodating twelve gentlemen at one time, and an elegant saloon exclusively for ladies.
Mr. Garman is an ornamental hair manufacturer and wig-maker. His stock includes French and English perfumery, combs, brushes, &c., and amongst what we may term his specialities are the astringent lotion, balsam of arnica, lime-juice, and very superior pomades of all kinds. His stock of ivory goods is exceedingly large and valuable. He is patronized by the elite of Glasgow society, and has clients far beyond the limits of the city. Mr. Garman the present proprietor, and son of the founder of the business, is, both as a tradesman and a private citizen, exceedingly popular in Glasgow.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)