Alexander Kinninmont, Pharmaceutical Chemist, 69, South Portland Street, S.S., and 45, Maxwell Road, Pollokshields.—
In connection with the drug trade of Glasgow, prominent mention may be made of Alexander Kinninmont, pharmaceutical chemist, of the above address. This business was established in Adelphi Street as far back as 1812, the premises in Portland Street being opened about the year 1845, and acquired by Mr. Kinninmont in 1857. This establishment consists of a fine large shop elegantly fitted, and displaying a fresh stock of drugs and proprietary articles. In addition to a considerable dispensing business, Mr. Kinninmont has a large family connection, and supplies in part the Anchor and the Allan lines with the requisite drugs, &c., for their ships.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)