A. Mackenzie, Wholesale and Retail Grocer and Tea Merchant, 207, Garscube
The tea and grocery trade is particularly well represented by the well-known establishment of Mr. A. Mackenzie, which was founded at the present address in 1879. The emporium has an attractive street frontage, with two spacious windows, well stocked, and excellent interior fittings. The stock held consists of all kinds of groceries and teas of the best and finest quality.
Teas, however, are made a speciality, and of these a large and varied assortment are held, ranging in price from half-a-crown a pound to one shilling and fourpence. An extensive trade is also done in pure confectionery. The teas of this establishment are renowned all over the district for their full body of fine aromatic flavour. There is a branch house at 164, Castle Street, St. Rollox, where a large stock is held and an extensive trade done.
Several hands are employed, and the business is well organized in every department. A well-established local trade is being done. An extensive wholesale trade is also conducted at all his establishments. Mr. Mackenzie has recently opened another large double comer shop at 77, Maitland Street, Cowcaddens, in a densely populated district, which has also an attractive appearance, where a large trade is also carried on.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)