Robert Mason, Plumber and Lead Merchant, 104, Sauchiehill Street.—
One of the oldest established houses in its own particular branch of industry is that of Mr. Robert Mason, which was founded by Messrs. Robert Mason and Thomas Steven in 1849, the former gentleman having become sole partner since 1857. The depot, removed in May, 1888, to 104, Sauchiehall Street, is centrally situated, and has a commodious office and extensive storage space and workshops, the whole block presenting a fine street frontage. There is a branch establishment situated at 19, Monkland Street, top of Parliamentary Road, where orders are received and business transacted as at the head office.
An extensive stock-in-trade and working plant is held, and a full staff of experienced artificers employed, the organisation and conduct of the business being most thorough in every particular. The operations of the house consists in the execution of all kinds of plumbing and lead work, gasfitting and zinc laying, which are principally done under contract on public works, buildings, churches, institutions, &c.
The name of Mason is intimately associated with all the best class of work of this kind in the city, the proprietor being a practical craftsman to whom extensive contracts are invariably given, the greater portion of his trade being derived from this source. Mr. Mason is a gentlemen highly respected by his patrons for his urbanity and strict attention to all business placed under his care. He is also a very useful and worthy citizen, being a deacon of the Fleshers’ Corporation, and president of the Grand Antiquity Society.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)