Hugh McMillan, Clothier, 330, Argyle Street.ó
The clothing trade of Glasgow is one of great magnitude and conducted with great ability. A very fine instance of this is found in the business of Mr. Hugh McMillan. This house was established, in 1873, in premises adjoining those which he now occupies. They consist of a large double shop with two plate-glass windows, and a flat above, used as a tailorsí workshop, where several practical men are kept busy the year round. The shop is well stocked with select goods of the newest designs in tweeds and dress cloths for gentlemenís wear.
It is well known and very popular in this part of the city, and Mr. McMillan does a first-class widespread business, has a large connection in the country, and sends out clothing to many customers in the colonies and elsewhere abroad. He applies himself with undeviating energy and devotion to the business, turns out first-class workmanship, and is very moderate with his charges. This is exemplified by a constant recurrence of orders from an influential connection, amongst whom he is highly esteemed and warmly respected.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)