R. Morrison & Co.
R. Morrison & Co., Oil and Colour Merchants, 24 and 28, Stockwell Street.ó
This is a well-known old-established firm connected with the oil and colour industries. The business was founded by Robert Morrison, the sole proprietor, in 1863. The premises comprise a large warehouse, office, and store in the rear, a large stock being kept of white lead, zinc white, green paints, black paints, patent dryers, putty, and putty in bladders for export, red paints, umber paints, yellow paints, colours in turpentine. Besides these paints, which are ground in oil, is a large stock of dry colours, including greens, blues, reds, yellows, ochres, pinks, browns, blacks, varnishes, &c., and a large assortment of miscellaneous proprietary articles, including brushes, black-leads, and whites. The extensive stores contain an immense quantity of oils of every kind, and of the firmís celebrated decorators' varnish, which is used by all the principal painters and decorators in the trade.
The connection extends for their general goods all over the city, suburbs, and into the country, and twelve hands are employed. Mr. Morrison is a well-known gentleman, and enjoys the respect of his large circle of business friends, and all who know him.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)