Napier & Craig
Napier & Craig, Fishing-rod Manufacturers, 372, Scotland Street, S.S., Glasgow.—
The lovers of the gentle sport of angling are well catered for with rods by this firm, the Messrs. Napier & Craig, the sole partners of which are Mr. Alexander Napier and Mr. Thomas Craig, both of whom are practical tradesmen, and have been established since 1882 at their present address. Their premises consist of one flat or floor of a building, measuring eighty feet by thirty feet, with steam power, and fitted up with all the latest improvements in turning lathes and rounding machines, and are well stocked with wood and cane, along with an abundant supply of finished rods.
This firm do a very large home and export trade, as their sole trade is in rods, and to which they give their whole attention. Their workmanship is of the highest excellence, and thoroughly up to the demands of the times and the most exacting requirements of the modem disciples of Isaac Walton.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)