James Paul & Sons
James Paul & Sons, House and Ship Painters, 886, Paisley Road.—
One of the oldest established and leading firms of house and ship painters in the Govan and Paisley Road district of Glasgow is that of Messrs. James Paul & Sons. This extensive business was established in 1834 — more than half a century ago — by the senior partner, in Glasgow in premises at what is known as the “Breast of the Quay”. Meanwhile Mr. Paul came to enjoy the assistance of his two sons, John and Robert, whom he in due course admitted as partners, thus constituting the present well known firm of James Paul & Sons.
In 1877 they removed to their present premises, where they have a yard and spacious workshop, with a floorage measuring about 80 feet by 60 feet. This shop is well stocked with all the various materials and appliances requisite in the business. The firm continues to do a very extensive business, both in ship and house painting. Work undertaken is done in a superior manner, and a large number of first-class tradesmen are employed.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)