John Richmond, Metal Merchant, 54 and 56, West Regent Street.—
Mr. Richmond has been established in business since the year 1885. His trade is that of a metal merchant, and he supplies plumbers, tinsmiths, &c., with lead piping and sheeting, also tin and sheet iron, and all kinds of fitting. He has secured a large and widespread connection, and his business has become one of considerable magnitude and value, and his reputation as a merchant in this branch of trade is unsurpassed. His business is conducted in a manner which obtains for him the confidence and respect of all who have dealings with him. His trade is principally local, but he has a number of good clients outside the Glasgow district.
His premises comprise one very spacious flat, occupying an area of some 250 square yards, and it is well filled with valuable stock of the character before described. An efficient staff of hands is constantly employed, and his orders are executed with care, promptitude, and dispatch. Mr. Richmond is a gentleman well known and respected in trade circles.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)