Robertson & McGill
Robertson & McGill, Iron Merchants, Wholesale Ironmongers, and Colliery Furnishers, 19 and 21, Pitt Street.—
In connection with the ironmongery industries, a well-known firm, of which prominent mention must be made, is that of Robertson & McGill, ironmongers, iron and steel merchants, and general colliery furnishers. Established by Mr. Robertson at Glassford Street sixteen years ago, this business has been carried on at the present address since 1882, when Mr. McGill became a partner.
The premises comprise a large warehouse, measuring 115 by 40 feet, with counting-house and iron store, and exhibits a varied stock of mechanical appliances, ironmongery, iron, steel, and colliery furnishings. These include crucible steel castings, rails in iron and steel, steam and water pipes, bolts and nuts, chains, nails, signal cord, brattice cloth, steam valves, pump buckets, iron ash barrows, shovels, picks, anvils, bellows, vices, bar iron, hoops, sheets, tool and jumper steel, steam traps, reducing valves, &c.
Messrs. Robertson & McGill, who have an extensive connection amongst collieries, and who are makers of an improved coal borer, with steel ratchet, steel nut, and steel drills, received the highest award — a silver medal — for their excellent exhibits at the Mining Exhibition here in 1885. Messrs. Robertson & McGill are genial, courteous gentlemen, and enjoying an influential connection which extends all over Scotland, are highly respected by all who have the pleasure of meeting them in business.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)