Robert Scott, Tea, Wine and Provision Dealer, 701, Govan Road.—
This business was established by Mr. Gilchrist in 1857, and was acquired by the present proprietor in 1886. The warehouse is handsomely fitted up and displays great taste and judgment in the arrangement and selection of the splendid stock on hand, including the famous teas and whisky which have made the house so well known. Having a thorough knowledge of the trade in all departments, and possessing exceptional facilities for buying in the foremost markets, enabling him to sell at the lowest possible prices, Mr. Scott has won the confidence and support of the householders in and around the locality where his busy shop is situated.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)