Andrew Stark, Restaurateur, &c., 41, Queen Street.ó
This is one of the most comfortable, best managed, and ably conducted restaurants in the city, and was for many years known as Grahamís Dining Rooms. The business was acquired by Mr. Stark a quarter of a century ago, and the reputation attached to the establishment has in his hands been amply maintained and enhanced. Having extensive accommodation for public and private parties, the house is greatly patronised not only by merchants and daily customers, but by visitors from country districts.
One visit will be found sufficient to commend the whole arrangements, cuisine, spacious rooms. Mr. Stark has an extensive connection in the purveying line, for marriage, dinner, and supper parties, besides luncheons, &c., in connection with trial trips of Clyde-built vessels ; and the same enterprise that has been a feature in the Queen Street headquarters is to be found in his branch establishments at Clydebank and Dalmuir, which supply a long-felt want, and are positive boons in their respective localities.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)