William Stevenson & Co.
William Stevenson & Co., Lead Manufacturers and Metal Merchants, 74, 76, and 80, Brown Street.—
This well-known firm was founded about forty years ago under its present style, and it is one of the most respectable houses of the kind in Glasgow. The leading features of the business are the manufacture of lead piping, and of tin and composition gas-tubing ; also of pneumatic tubes, &c. The firm do a considerable trade amongst shipbuilders and building contractors, &c., and their connection is both extensive and substantial. They turn out goods of the very best quality, yet their prices will bear comparison with those of makers of inferior articles. This fact accounts for the firm having such a high reputation, and for the steady and reliable trade which clings to the house. The premises in Brown Street are spacious and commodious, and are well fitted up with plant and machinery of the best and most improved construction, and the firm employ a good working staff.
The principal at the present time is Mr. R. Stevenson, who is a gentleman possessing a thorough knowledge of the lead and zinc trades, and is widely known in Glasgow and its vicinity, where he is highly esteemed.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)