Hugh Twaddle & Son
Hugh Twaddle & Son, Plumbers & Gasfitters, 179, Gallowgate.—
This business was established about forty years ago by Mr. Hugh Twaddle, at 17, London Street. Shortly afterwards the firm, removed to 110, London Street, while in 1884 the business was removed to the present premises, at 179, Gallowgate. Mr. Hugh Twaddle, who established the business, was succeeded at his death in 1868 by his son, Mr. William Twaddle, who, during his business career, was much respected throughout the city, and who conducted the business of this old firm up to the time of his death, which happened in 1883. Since that time the business has passed into the hands of the late proprietor’s widow — Mrs. Isabella Twaddle, on whose behalf it is now carried on.
The premises in Gallowgate consist of a large double shop and office, with ample cellarage used as a store. The firm conduct all kinds of plumber and gasfitting work, having a wide connection in the trade. They devote special attention to certain branches, as sanitary drainage, the application of hot water throughout buildings, &c. They also carry on a large jobbing trade throughout the city. This old-established firm is well known for the high class and thoroughly efficient character of its work.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)