John Twaddle, Plumber, &c., 503, Gallowgate.—
Among the principal houses in the plumbing and gasfitting trade a prominent position is occupied by that in the proprietorship of Mr. John Twaddle, whose business has been in existence over thirty years. The premises occupied consist of a large warehouse and office, both of which are well fitted, while in the rear there is a very extensive workshop. The proprietors are extensively engaged in all branches of plumbing and gasfitting. As a general rule, this is done in connection with the new buildings that are being continually erected in Glasgow and the surrounding district.
A large number of hands, carefully selected from among the most skilled and experienced artisans, is engaged. Added to this, the work is carried out under Mr. Twaddle’s own personal supervision. Both in the material used and also in the workmanship displayed the firm excel, and have gained a great reputation. An extensive business is done in all descriptions of lead, in which the proprietor deals extensively. A large jobbing business is also done, more especially in the immediate locality, but this is only a kind of accessory. The business is gradually increasing, both in extent and importance, and the firm’s connection includes most of the houses in the building trade, not only in Glasgow, but throughout the surrounding district. (Telephone No. 1093.)
Back to Index of Firms (1888)