John Wallace, junr.
John Wallace, junr., Tea Merchant and Grocer, 357, Garscube Road, corner of St. George’s Road.—
A leading establishment in the tea trade is that conducted by Mr. John Wallace, junr., which was founded by him in 1882. The premises are situated at the junction of two important thoroughfares, and are of antiquarian interest by the fact that they occupy the site of what was formerly known as “The Wee Round Toll House”. The shop is well fixtured throughout, and has an attractive street frontage.
The sole speciality of the house is teas, for which it has a high reputation in all parts of the city. Wallace’s half-crown mixture is splendid value, strong in liquor, and delicious in flavour. The finest and best gathered growths from the most celebrated plantations in India and China, and also of Japan, are offered at exceptional quotations, one trial in any case being sufficient to convince the most sceptical that these teas are really what they are represented to be — the best.
The trade is of a local nature, and thoroughly well established among families. The proprietor is a well-known connoisseur in the tea trade, and has a flourishing branch depot at 413, New City Road, near Henderson Street.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)