Matthew Williamson, Family Butcher, 3, Ruthven Place, Byres Road, Kelvinside.—
Mr. Williamson has been long and honourably connected with the wealthy suburbs of Byres Road, Dowanhill, and vicinity, in the butcher trade. He was established twenty-two years ago in premises on the opposite side of Ruthven Place ; he removed to his present head-quarters in 1885. The shop is a fine double-fronted one, well lighted and admirably arranged, and fitted up on the most modern principles. There is a counting-house at the rear. Mr. Williamson's trade has always been of a first-class order, and he energetically maintains and spreads his connection, which lies entirely with the best families of the West End, from whom the business receives a very warm support. Mr. Williamson is an able representative of the higher branches of this trade, and a sound authority on all matters pertaining thereto. Personally he is a gentleman of superior attainments, and is much esteemed in private and trade circles.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)