Wilson & McLellan
Wilson & McLellan, Brassfounders and Gasfitters, &c., 104, Renfrew Street.—
This establishment is one that is very widely known under the title of W. & J. Wilson. The business was originally established in Russell Street by the Messrs. Wilson about the year 1877, and owing to the increased trade demanding larger premises was removed to the present address in 1884.
The premises now occupied comprise the usual showrooms and workshops, the former containing a very large stock of goods. The work of the firm comprises several branches, mostly those that are connected with gasfitting. The proprietors are manufacturers of many varieties of gasaliers, for which they have gained a considerable amount of renown. They have also shown considerable enterprise and unquestionable ability in introducing designs of a novel and artistic character. In addition to manufacturing gasaliers the firm also execute a large amount of wok in all descriptions of shop-fittings, brass castings, &c., and supply the trade on a very extensive scale. The proprietors also undertake to execute contracts in all descriptions of work appertaining to the business of bell-hangers, gasfitters, &c. A large amount of business has been done in fitting up churches and schools in Glasgow and the neighbourhood, and in every instance the first-class work of the firm has met with general praise in all directions.
The sole partners are Messrs. Wm. Wilson and Robert McLellan, who manage the business and supervise all work in the most careful manner. A very large and influential connection is maintained in Glasgow and the surrounding district, and the firm have acquired an unsurpassed reputation for the excellence of their work.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)