William Wilson, Painter and Decorator, &c., 173, North Street, (opposite Charing Cross Station).ó
The time-honoured vocation of the painter and decorator is aptly illustrated by the centrally situated depot in this line conducted by Mr. William Wilson, in North Street. This house was established at the present address in 1876. The shop is well-fixtured and has a good street frontage, together with a well-appointed workshop in the rear. The working plant is well found, and the stock-in-trade is kept in excellent order. All the workmen employed are picked tradesmen, Mr. Wilson carefully superintending the general organization of the business. The operations of the house consist of all kinds of painting and decorating, and an extensive business is done in paperhanging, sign-writing and gilding. Good workmanship has always been a strong recommendatory feature of this house. The general design of all Mr. Wilsonís work is of the best style and the merits of the specimens of work executed shown in the workshop are of no mean order. The trade is of a good class, and chiefly confined to the locality.
Back to Index of Firms (1888)