A SON of James Keppie, tobacco importer Glasgow, Mr. Keppie was born in the city in 1862, and was educated at Ayr Academy, Glasgow University, and the Ecole des Beaux arts, Paris. He is a partner of the firm of Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh, and among the buildings designed by him are those of the Glasgow Herald Mitchell Street buildings and those of the Daily Record, Glasgow School of Art, Anderson's College Medical Schools, Queen Margaret College Medical Department, Fairfield Offices, Martyrs Public School, and warehouses for Pettigrew & Stephen and James Simpson, the Canal Boatmen's Institute, and many churches and mansion-houses. He holds two silver medals from the Royal Institute of British Architects, of which society he is a Fellow, and is past President of the Glasgow Institute, the Glasgow Architectural Association, and Glasgow Art Club, and past Deacon of the Incorporation of Wrights. He finds his recreation in golf and billiards, and has travelled in France, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Egypt, Morocco, and Spain.
Index of Glasgow Men (1909)