THE minister of the Barony Parish is a farmer's son, and was born at Morningside, Scone, in 1856. He received his education at St. Martin's Parish School, and at Edinburgh and St. Andrews Universities. His first charge was St. Stephen's, Perth, and he was incumbent successively of Forgan, in Fifeshire, of Cramond, in Midlothian, and of St. Mary's, Edinburgh, before accepting the call to succeed Principal Marshall Lang in the Barony. He is married and has four children, and has travelled in France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, and Norway. He has also acted as Lecturer on Pastoral Theology in the four universities, and is at present Vice-Convener of the Home Mission Scheme. He has been a pioneer in the matter of social work in the Church of Scotland. Glasgow University conferred upon him the degree of D.D. in 1905.
Index of Glasgow Men (1909)